New Windows Installer and Source Tarball

Hello Xconquerors,

I have released a new Windows installer and source tarball for Xconq at the usual spot:
http://xconq_hacker.home.comcast.net

This is newer than the 09/26 release from a few days ago. The rationale for releasing new packages so soon again was simply that I was feeling guilty about breaking the Opal game, and degrading the performance somewhat with all games that utilized advances.

Addressed in this release:
(1) Opal now works again. You will get a warning about a cycle being detected in the advances graph. You can choose to ignore it and continue playing the game.
(2) All games that use advances should experience no delays on startup now. The cycle-checking code has been improved. Also a piece of the research goal choice code has been disabled because it was hogging too much CPU. This should not adversely impact the choice of goals too much.

New features (for game designers):
(1) Updated documentation, including on some advances-related things that were never documented or were documented incorrectly.
(2) New GDL global variable: 'ai-initial-research-goals' is a weighted list of research goals that the AI will evaluate if it currently does not have a research goal. The "initial" is perhaps a bit of a misnomer since this list can be evaluated at any point in the game where the above condition is true.
(3) Examples of using 'ai-next-goal' and 'ai-initial-research-goals' in 'advances.g'. (I did not make an example of using 'advance-precludes-advance', since I assume Elijah will probably be providing it in his next release of Opal....

I also reduced the ACP of Elephants in the Advances game in an attempt to make that unit type less deity-like and thereby make other units such as Chariots more attractive.

  Enjoy,
    Eric

P.S. Since I am not currently checking into CVS, I realize that using my updates may be inconvenient to some. If there is an interest, I will provide diffs between releases to help ease the pain.