Re: New Proposed Xconq Web Site Online

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Jim Kingdon wrote:

> > Also, I notice that even with all the language options available
> > there's not one for Esperanto.  An Esperanto interface might just be
> > the draw we need to attract the hordes of Esperanto Diplomacy players:
>
> Eble la plej granda demandon oni jam demandis en la Diplomatio pagho:
> chu la pacemaj Esperantistoj desiras ludi ludon pri milito?
> Aliflanke, esperantistoj shatas ludojn kaj en esperanto-kongreso oni
> ofte ludas esperante.

Hmmm... Esperanto appears to be a declined and conjugated
language, like Latin. The "j" endings are interesting; perhaps
borrowed from a Slavic language? The root "lud" is probably "game"
as it is in Latin, though it appears to be used as a verb as well,
perhaps "play" and forms thereof? "Milit" is probably a root
dealing with soldier or military; similar to Latin. "la" is
probably "the". "kongreso" is a coming together, a congress, a
gathering, most likely. "Diplomatio" -> "Diplomacy". "granda" ->
"great"? "desiras" -> "desire" or "desires", _I'm still
deciphering the declension system. "Esperant" and its various
forms pertain to the language itself, obviously. "demand" ->
"demand". "en" is either "in" or "on". "en la Diplomatio pagho" ->
"on the Diplomacy [Web] page"??

I guess I am going to have to drop in on some Esperanto
conversations; solving linguistic puzzles is fun.

Now we will have to see if any Klingon speakers want
representation as well.