Xconq Netwoking Test Tonight

Hello Xconquerors,

Those who wish to help me test out the Xconq networking tonight, please send me an email in the next half an hour or so.

By "test", I really do mean test. It may be that we don't make it beyond a few rounds before sync errors crop up, so have too high of expectations. It may be that I will find it necessary to partially rewrite Xconq's network data pumps before we achieve true stability.

Some thoughts:
(1) If we have 4 people, then we can try a 4-person game. I pretty much expect such a game to fall out of sync. However, it should make it past the setup stage, which is more than could be said before.
(2) If a 4-person game falls out of sync, I would like to compare it to 2 2-person games in terms of how long it lasts before falling out of sync.
(3) I would like feedback from folks, such as what they were doing around the time the game fell out of sync. Were you moving lots of aircraft, and using the 'r' (return) command. Were you setting up units to automatically move long distances. Were you switching to survey mode? Stuff like that....
(4) I would ask that no one attempt to turn an AI on for the side. Toggling the AI during setup seems to be okay, but toggling it while a game is known to cause problems.
(5) Setting things such as doctrines, formations, and standing orders have not been tested in a networked game, yet. If you do attempt to any these things, or anything else that might be construed as "out of ordinary", then please let me know (especially, if a game desyncs around such a time).
(6) Let's refrain from entering designer mode. I say this not out of concern for the cheating aspect, but as a similar concern to (5).

  Regards,