Re: Xconq Mailing Lists - Please Read

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> I noticed that the home page on RedHat's server makes no mention of the
> move to the SourceForge site.

Yes. I am well aware of that fact.

>In fact, it apparently has not been
> updated since May 24 of last year.

That sounds about right.

If you want to see it updated, then either I need to
have assurances that Hans will not be having any more accidents
(allegedly) that clobber my CVS commits, or you will need to get
someone else to do it. Talk to Stan maybe....

>That could easily be a source of
> confusion for a lot of people, especially as long as Google lists the
> RedHat site at the top of the search results when someone does a search
> for "Xconq" (Coop's website is listed second, and the SourceForge site
> is listed eighth).

Actually, it varies a fair amount. One of the reasons that the
old site comes out higher is because it is cross-referenced in
more categories in various directories. In the dmoz open
directory, it is linked to one additional category. I could
counter this by simply removing the primary reference to it, but I
think that would be overstepping the bounds of my editorial
discretion on dmoz....