Re: Family tree of xconq

vejeta@softhome.net wrote:

I wonder if xconq was inspired by conquer in his ideas, or name, or just directly by Empire itself.
Cheers,
Juan

Directly by Walter Bright's version - U. Utah had bought a VAX 11/750, and it
came preinstalled with VMS, including some games. I got hooked on Empire,
and played it a lot in the month or two before they got around to installing
Unix on the machine. The following year I started thinking about writing a clone
of it that ran on Unix, as a break from the rigors of grad school. The X interface was
inspired by a snippy remark from a fellow grad student who saw the curses
version and was unimpressed...