RE: Hyphens in XSLT element names

At 10:03 AM 2/3/2000 +0000, Kay Michael wrote:
> > So, I was hoping one of the XSLT
> > authors/contributors could tell me why they chose to use hyphens in
> > their element names?
>
>I expect their first programming language was COBOL and they were feeling
>nostalgic.

Heh.

Actually, I'd figured it was a holdover from the
XSL-shall-be-compatible-with-CSS rule -- since CSS properties are
hyphenated. Even though XSL*T* in theory needn't be compatible with CSS
(unlike FOs, where I guess it's more of an issue), presumably they wanted
the transformational side's element naming convention to be consistent with
the FO side.

Interesting question, though.

John E. Simpson
simpson@polaris.net