RE: XPath against a Document

    /**
     * This method searches for a specific set of nodes based on the XPath
     * statement passed into it.
     *
     * @param baseNode Base node to process XPath statement against
     * @param sPath XPath statement to execute against baseNode
     * @return NodeList NodeList populated by nodes that match XPath
expression
     */
    public static final NodeList getNodesByXPath(Node baseNode, String
sPath)
        throws Exception
    {
        String parserLiaisonClassName = Constants.LIAISON_CLASS;
        Class parserLiaisonClass = Class.forName(parserLiaisonClassName);
        Constructor parserLiaisonCtor =
parserLiaisonClass.getConstructor(null);
        XMLParserLiaison parserLiaison
        = (XMLParserLiaison)parserLiaisonCtor.newInstance(null);

        // Create a XPath parser.
        XPathProcessorImpl parser = new XPathProcessorImpl();

        // Create the XPath object.
        XPath xpath = new XPath();

        // Parse the xpath
        parser.initXPath(xpath, sPath, null);
        XObject xobj = xpath.execute(parserLiaison, baseNode, null);

        return xobj.nodeset();
    }

- Sean T.