Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Pine.LNX.3.96.1000216113709.14538f-100000@pc555zh74.ads.fr.ibm.com>

  • Jany Quintard wrote:

    > It seehat my question with same subject was

    ... lost in transit?  well, i don't seem to have received it.

    it's a fair question, ay.

    > When encountering an l element, I want to select an element nameloc
    > somewhere in the tree, whose ID has the svalue as attribute linkend of
    > the current one (l).
    > So, the tries I made failed and I don't see how to express the ction
    > condition.

    if you want a real ID attribute (so declared in the DTD), then-

      id(@linkend)/self::nameloc

    -or, iu know that the element with the right ID will be a nameloc,
    just-

      id(@linkend)

    that only works if your XML parser actuareads the DTD, which only
    validating parsers are obliged to do.  to just look for an attribute
    named id-

      //nameloc[@id = ent()/@linkend]

    --

    cheers

    phil

    "Who knows if a well-prepared soup was not responsible for
    the pneumatic pump or a poor for a war?"