Message Nav: tr>

Re: Which one to se

One of the problems of chunking rich XML content and storing it in
relational database is designingappropriate schema for each DTD.  In
addition if you try to store arbitrary well formed XML documents, the
problem becomes eharder.  So it is a matter of trade-off.

We have developed a solution that runs on top of any RDMS that allows
you to stoindex and retrieve entire collection or a collection of
fragments of arbitrary XML documents quite efficiently.  We are in tiddle of testing it against hand optimized test sets in relational
schemas to benchmark the performance.  Will be happy to dss the pros
and cons.

With best regards,

Soumitra

Ben Robb wrote:

> SQL 7 also has an XML plug-in which allows yo store SQL queries in XML
> format and automatically output the results of that query in a well formed
> XML. It is sto be much faster than ASP + COM, and seems to be fairly
> stable when we've used it.
>
> On another note, I wouldrate from Access anyway - SQL 7 is much more
> friendly to rapid application development than its predecessors, so you
&gight as well use the more powerful and faster SQL (or Oracle) server
> (assuming you can afford the license, of course *g)

&ggt; relational database (including ACCESS, if you use
> > the JDBC/ODBC driver) and your favorite servlet
> > en -- not only Oracle.
> >
> http://technet.oracle.com/tecl/xsql_servlet

> Steve Muench, Lead XML Evangel/ Consulting Product Mgr
> Oracle Corp, Business Components for Java Development Team
> http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml
&g> | hi,,
> | I am into a project where we have lot of content. In fact it is a portal
> | site. a IT related news tials etc are there.
> | So far we were using ASP and MS ACCESS for our contents. ie, we were
> | storing all the file ur database. and depending on user request we are
>
> | displaying to them. If we convert them into XML, then do you k it will
>
> | be a good move or not. We have around 1500 articles in our site. I want to
>
> | know wheter Xs a right technology for large amount of content or not?
> | If it is not then please suggest any other technology.
> t; | rgds
> | Ural

begin:vcard
n:Sengupta, Ph.D.;Soumitra
tel;ce14-672-8730
tel;fax:203-975-9671
tel;work:203-975-9651
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:B-Bop Associates Inc. (http://www.b-bop.com)
version:2.1
email;internet:soumitra@b-bop.com
title:Founder & C.T.O.
adr;quoted-printab;2, North First Street=0D=0A4th Floor=0D=0A;San Jose;CA;95141;U.S.A.
x-mozilla-cpt:;-20640
fn:Soumitra Sengupta, Ph.D.
end:v

le border="0"> Index Nav: [Date I] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread&;Prev] [Thread Next]