Re: Java performance (Saxon)

Are you loading the stylesheet into memory and then executing it a few
hundred times?  Other issues, do both JVMs have the same amount of memory.
Is the disk active? Hotspot can add a lot of overhead the first time through
the code, then it gets better.

On large documents and stylesheets IO performance and memory consumption
will be the most important thing. On the other hand I work with stylesheets
and documents that are always completely in memory. For interactive web work
I want to know how many microseconds it is from when I receive the request
until the response stream is going down the pipe. I don't even parse XML
except the first time the stylesheet is loaded; my input documents are
dynamically created via SAX events to the style engine.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net