Re: XSLT vs Omnimark

Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:

> Pull is hard. Smart combination of pull-push is a killer. XSLT did the right thing
> allowing push-pull combination,  but not the ideal thing ;-)
>
> So far I think Omnimark has only push-part ... But in case Omnimark
> has assignable variables ( so-called side-effects ),  that means they could be
> realy better than XSLT for some applications!

Actually, OmniMark does allow a pull concept thru the use of referents,
which are basically forward references to something that hasn't yet been
encountered in the stream. Granted, it is not as elegant as XSLT's
mechanism, but it also means you don't have to load the entire tree into
memory to selectively pull from anywhere in your source document.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@nsc.com