Re: xsl for formatting

violet wright writes:
 > 1) Should those of us who work primarily 'creatively' forget about xsl and
 > stick to css and html?

no. there are stylistic things that you cannot do with CSS, including
standardized layout/headers/footers, generated text (like a TOC),
automated links etc. I'd say that for almost any application, stepping
back a stage and authoring in a presentation-free language has to be
preferable

 > 2) Are there any 'complete' examples of xml using xsl primarily for
 > formatting, that anyone knows of, that are IE5 renderable?

I wish i knew what you meant by "formatting" in this context. dozens
of sites use XSLT to transform XML to HTML, which is then renderable
by IE5. Remember that IE5 itself does not properly support XSLT yet.

sebastian