RE: Including CSS File References in HTML Output, Ignoring Entities, Extracting Data from DBHTML Calls....

Thanks - while these two ways:

     <LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="doc.css" TYPE="text/css">
     <LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="doc.css" TYPE="text/css"/>

both broke, this:

     <LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="doc.css" TYPE="text/css" />

wrote the line out to the HTML file.

I am a little puzzled about the next answer, and it just could be because
I'm
missing something obvious:

>David Carlisle wrote:
>>Laurie Mann wrote:
>>Second:  Ignoring entities.  Is there way to tell the processor to
>>ignore entities in a file?
>No. By the time the processor sees the file all the entity references
>have gone and are replaced by their replacement text. this is a function
>of the XML parser.

Maybe I asked the wrong question.  I don't want the XML parser to ignore
entities - but when text and file entities appear in an XML file that's
being processed by an XSL script, why does the XT processor care about
resolving those entities?   Isn't there a way to either pass those entities
through or convert them to hyperlinks?