RE: select="preceding-sibling::ROW[entered_formatted_day=$currentFruit]"istooslow

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> When I tried to run your example with MSXML3.dll I got an unspecified error
> at line 24 even if at that place the XML syntax seems to be OK, so, we can
> say that MSXML3 didn't survived to the test :-))

:-)  Interesting - unknowingly I break the test.

> To test your file I had to do some modifications so that the XML file is
> compliant to the 1.0 recommendations
>
> a) I removed the SGML declaration since a) the URL does not point to a DTD
> and b) HTML 4.0 is not an XML DTD but more an SGML DTD. Use instead the
> XHTML DTD... forget about the XHTML DTD if possible, I guess you read today
> the trouble this brings to us :-))

The output you saw was an intermediate step after an initial SQL-processor
reqwuest, so it was not the original file.

> I'll try to do the test with XT but first I have to isolate the time
> required to load the VM from the time required to process the file.

You should'nt by any chance have another idea to the code in order to do
what I want it to do?  I just want to see if the node before this one has
another value in the tag than the tag has in this node?

Thank you for your help.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn