RE: MSXML Namespace

The MSXML Technology Preview is available for download at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/msxml.asp.

> Which one do u think is the best one to
> use?.MSXML or XSLT?

For prototype purposes I encourage you to use the XSLT namespace.  If you
want to leverage the IE5 installed client base, you will have to use the
outdated namespace for now, and plan to update to XSLT compliance later.

> and if MSXML namespace,then IE5 browser has to be
> used.right?.

No.  MSXML is a system component and can be accessed directly from other
programs, including script files.  It also is used by IE5 but it is actually
intended for server-side use.  For batch processing I use the enclosed
Windows Scripting Host file.  To access the web release without running
xmlinst.exe, change the progIDs to "MSXML2.DOMDocument".  The usage is:

  WScript transform.js input-file stylesheet outputfile

MSXML does have a dependency on URLMON and WININET DLLs, which are available
in Win2K or various service packs.  The required versions of these DLLs are
installed with IE4, so you will need at least a system with IE4-level
capabilities to run MSXML.

> And if XSLT namespace is there any other browser
> or tool to use
> for it or will IE5 support XSLT namespace xsl files.

There are no other browsers which support compliant XSLT to my knowledge
yet.  We hope to be one of the first entries in this market.  There are no
other products that support the outdated XSL syntax of IE5 to my knowledge -
they have all been upgraded to the final XSLT recommendation, as we are in
the midst of doing.

> Sorry Im
> really confused
> here with these browsers and tools.

Don't be sorry, the situation itself is confusing, as history often can be.
When shipping XSL with IE5 our intent was to promote true XML applications,
which badly needed such a transformational mechanism.  XSL subsequently
evolved much more than we thought it would, and our subset turned out to be
a quite different language - even the namespace changed.  But I hope the
confusion will be fairly short-lived as we join other vendors in full XSLT
compliance.  The outdated XSL language will become a legacy format and
deprecated at some point.

begin 600 transform.js
M+RH-"@T*("!T<F%N<V9O<FTN:G,-"B`@#0H@(%=I;F1O=W,@4V-R:7!T:6YG
M($AO<W0@9FEL92!F;W(@<&5R9F]R;6EN9R!C;VUM86YD+6QI;F4@6%-,#0H@
M('1R86YS9F]R;6%T:6]N<RX-"B`@#0H@(%!A<F%M971E<G,Z("!S;W5R8V4M
M9FEL92!S='EL97-H965T+69I;&4@;W5T<'5T+69I;&4-"B`@#0H@($%U=&AO
M<CH@2F]N871H86X@36%R<V@@/&IM87)S:$!M:6-R;W-O9G0N8V]M/@T*("!#
M;W!Y<FEG:'0@,C`P,"!-:6-R;W-O9G0@0V]R<"X-"B`@#0HJ+PT*#0IV87(@
M87)G<R`](%=38W)I<'0N87)G=6UE;G1S.PT*:68@*&%R9W,N;&5N9W1H("$]
M(#,I#0H@(&%L97)T*")P87)A;65T97)S(&%R93H@<V]U<F-E+69I;&4@<W1Y
M;&5S:&5E="UF:6QE(&]U='!U="UF:6QE(BD[#0IE;'-E#0I[#0H@('9A<B!O
M9G,@/2!74V-R:7!T+D-R96%T94]B:F5C="@B4V-R:7!T:6YG+D9I;&53>7-T
M96U/8FIE8W0B*3L-"@T*("!V87(@<V-R:7!T<&%T:"`](&]F<RYG971087)E
M;G1&;VQD97).86UE*%=38W)I<'0N<V-R:7!T1G5L;$YA;64I.PT*("!V87(@
M<V]U<F-E(#T@<V-R:7!T<&%T:"`K(")<7"(@*R!A<F=S+FET96TH,"D[#0H@
M('9A<B!S='EL97-H965T(#T@<V-R:7!T<&%T:"`K(")<7"(@*R!A<F=S+FET
M96TH,2D[#0H@('9A<B!D97-T(#T@<V-R:7!T<&%T:"`K(")<7"(@*R!A<F=S
M+FET96TH,BD[#0H-"B`@=F%R(&]834P@/2!N97<@06-T:79E6$]B:F5C="@B
M35-834PN1$]-1&]C=6UE;G0B*3L-"B`@;UA-3"YV86QI9&%T94]N4&%R<V4@
M/2!F86QS93L-"B`@;UA-3"YA<WEN8R`](&9A;'-E.PT*("!O6$U,+FQO860H
M<V]U<F-E*3L-"@T*("!V87(@;UA33"`](&YE=R!!8W1I=F583V)J96-T*")-
M4UA-3"Y$3TU$;V-U;65N="(I.PT*("!O6%-,+G9A;&ED871E3VY087)S92`]
M(&9A;'-E.PT*("!O6%-,+F%S>6YC(#T@9F%L<V4[#0H@(&]84TPN;&]A9"AS
M='EL97-H965T*3L-"@T*("!V87(@;T9I;&4@/2!O9G,N0W)E871E5&5X=$9I
M;&4H9&5S="D[#0H@(&]&:6QE+E=R:71E*&]834PN=')A;G-F;W)M3F]D92AO
;6%-,*2D[#0H@(&]&:6QE+D-L;W-E*"D[#0I]