can you nest xsl:if with in xsl:choose/when?

Yes me again!

Here I am trying at the old code that I sent out, and then figured out
how to fix it.  Now I'm trying to nest xsl:if within the

<xsl:template match="text">
<xsl:choose>
	<xsl:when test="contains(//image/@attribute,'value')">
		<xsl:if test="contains(@attribute1,'value1')">
		</xsl:if>
	</xsl:when>
	<xsl:otherwise>
	</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

(Mind you it could be the code writer, but it seems as if its ignored and
not
recognized)  It could be that since the text with attribute1, and value1 is
physically before the image with attribute, and value.  That xsl is not
able to capture the information.  I'm not sure if it works on a top down
system, or what it actually does.

Ok. I'll shut up now.

Thanks,

Eddy