RE: XSL and SELECT

Comments below:

Neither in IE5 nor anywhere else are script functions callable directly by
DHTML scripts.  See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/psdk/xmlsdk/xslp0
rho.htm for more information on the interactions (or lack of same) of
transformation-time and run-time scripts.

> the "setMessageType" is a javascript function. The problem is
> how to do to
> call it (IE5 outputs an error "Object expected")
>

> 2) is it possible to use a xsl:variable in the SELECT ?
> I've tried to declare a xsl:variable but IE5 answers "Keyword
> xsl:variable
> may not be used here".

xsl:variable is not available in IE5.  Check out our latest preview release
if you want to experiment with this capability.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/msxml.asp

- Jonathan Marsh
  Microsoft