Re: apos output problems

"Steve Brown" <prospect@flex.com.au> wrote:
> however, when the result target is a Document (xerces.dom.DocumentImpl())
> and then print that out, I get &apos; instead. (which I dont want)

Steve, the Serialization is being done, in this case, by the Xerces
Serializer, not the Xalan serializer (which doesn't escape ' in text
content).  You should probably ask the question on the Xerces Dev list.  In
any case, it looks like this is hard coded into the XMLSerializer.  You
could probably work around it by making a derived class for the Serializer
and overriding the getEntityRef( char ch ) method.  It has nothing to do
with encoding.

-scott