Re: running table-header?

Dave Pawson poses a problem:

> On my bank statement, I have a table of
> payments and withdrawals.
>
> At the top of each page I see a running
> balance to that date.

This is only possible with the new draft, using fo:marker/fo:retrieve-marker.
You assign a fo:marker that contains balance accumulated so far to every row in
the table:

<fo:marker marker-class-name="running-balance>May 26: 1000 pounds </fo:marker>

and than use fo:retrieve-marker to paste the contents of the first marker into
the header:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
  <fo:block font="bold 10pt Helvetica">
    Balance of
    <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-marker-name="running-balance"
                        retrieve-boundary="page"
                        retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

This works only if the content to put into the running header depends only on
the position of a single page break within the file. More complex cases like
producing a running subtotal for every page, or enumerating all entries on a
page of an enciclopaedia, are (seemingly) still impossible to construct
within the current draft (am I right?)

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX