Re: Matching Attributes with @

> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Kay Michael wrote:
>
> > And if that seems absurd, just substitute some non-biological words like
> > "controller" and "component" for "parent" and "child", and it doesn't seem
> > so bad.
>
> I must be getting punchy.  Would I be pardoned for punning that, in
> effect, all attributes are bastards, then?
>
> Offered as a laugh and as thanks to everyone who's helped so much.
>
> :-()
>
> jr

Pardon granted...:) but conclusion of illegitemacy not ...

<soma type="element">
<nodetype type="attribute">
<metaphor>bastard
<remark>contains traces of the legal notion of child</remark>
</metaphor>
<metaphor>test tube baby
<remark>still contains traces of the biological notion of child</remark>
</metaphor>
<metaphor>test tube culture
<remark>interesting how a petri dish can stand in loco parentis</remark>
<remark>few would ascribe child status to the contents of petri
dishes</remark>
</metaphor>
</nodetype>
<nodetype type="text">