Re: format changes in different browsers

Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2000 jamadagni@123india.com wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This might sound offtrack from the xsl-list but I am sure everybody has gone through this problem.After developing a web page it looks different in netscape as well as IE and other browsers.Is there any way by which the look can be consistent across all browsers ?
> > can xsl give a solution for this problem ?

Not a lot to add to Matt's words, except to say that whilst the O'Reilly book is
bound to be good (all O'Reilly books are), you can get all the info on
cross-browser compatibility on-line for free.  You'll always have problems between
NS and IE on the level of 1px, but between PC/Unix/Mac is the real problem.
  Suggest you scan http://devedge.netscape.com for "cross-browser" and even
follow a few links from Macromedia's Dreamweaver site on the same subject, as
somewhere there you can find charts to make it all clear.  You may even find that
a trail of Dreamweaver is worth your while, as it highlights through a formal
report to you (and to some degree corrects) cross-browser issues.  Buying it will
only cost you a day's pay, but then the book is only a few dollars.....

Cheers,
lee