(Slight) Proposal: Pronouncing XSLT

XSLT (eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) is a four letter
acronym, and as such, is a likely candidate for being pronounced as a single
word. An example of this is SCSI, which is pronounced as "scuzzy". [With
five letter acronyms, it becomes the responsibility of the creator to
position vowels carefully... :-) ]

It is important that we get a good one, as WML (WAP Markup Language) is
currenlty being called "wimmle" in certain quarters, and I would hate to see
us ending up with "zisselt" or worse.

I propose the following: "exalt". "XSLT" + "A" = "XSALT" which sounds like
"exalt". The use of this pronunciation will help distinguish, in speech,
XSLT from the stylesheet effort that created it. This is appropriate now
that XSLT has found more general uses beyond being a stage in the process of
presenting XML.

Here is one dictionary definition of the word:

"exalt
Pronunciation: (ig-zôlt')
-v.t.
1. to raise in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc.; elevate: He was
exalted to the position of president.
2. to praise; extol: to exalt someone to the skies.
3. to stimulate, as the imagination: The lyrics of Shakespeare exalted the
audience.
4. to intensify, as a color: complementary colors exalt each other.
5. Obs.to elate, as with pride or joy."

Pretty positive stuff, all in all. If this meets with the approval of this
list, I will try and get it submitted as a W3C note.

Just kidding.