Re: Slow response from list manager?

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

> Takes time to turn a supertanker.  But since most of what we do are in Java anyway it should definitively be possible.

I'd hope so. It usually runs, it just doesn't look right, and it's a lot slower!

> I defintively need a better mailinglist reader than Outlook.  Given an email account on a Unixbox (at least I can get one) what would be a good alternative?

I'm happy with NS4.7. Crashes occasionally, gets confused by some
mime types, renders foreign languages in an interesting manner, but is
generally pleasant to use.

Lee Goddard wrote:

> I'll happilly check out comp.microsoft.xsl, but my host doesn't carry it,

Braving the fires of hell, I ventured on to the Microsoft site. It now
appears that they're hosting their newsgroups online - you have to log in,
so that's as far as I went.

http://msdnnews.microsoft.com/default.asp?masterfolder=xml

> so - although the info may be published elsewhere on mulberrytech - it'd
> maybe be an idea to post a FAQ to all new subscribers (like myself).

This has come up before actually - no-one ever reads them anyway.

--
Warren Hedley