XSLT to transform XML data to formatted HTML

Hello All!

I am new to XML, as it seems a lot of people on this list are.  I have a
question that I believe to be a simple one but for which I haven't found an
answer in the message thread.

I am using an XML as a data repository and I need to extract some of the XML
attributes as HTML ordered and unordered lists. (using XSL-T)

Here's a snippet of the XML I need to change:

<TECHNOLOGY name="Site Server" associate="John Stingl" classid="infra"
groupid="wst" categoryid="pilot" GRIDX="40" GRIDY="-55"
description="Microsoft's Internet site management application"
website="http://insite.russell.com/it-arch-tec/reports/siteserver_rep.htm"
/>

I would like to list the different attributes in an unordered HTML list so
it can be read into Microsoft Powerpoint.

The XML data is being parsed by an ASP set up on the server, and I'd like to
extend it by adding a 'create Powerpoint presentation' button that
automatically formats the XML in an HTML format Microsoft Office programs
understand.  Essentially, I would like to automate the presentation-creation
process using XML.

Documentation on how to do this is nearly non-existent.  A few pages on MSDN
tell of shortcomings in office apps when reading XML, but I can't find any
specifications for how any office apps actually read XML.

Does anyone know about this?

If not, might you be able to provide a little snippet of code to show me how
to generate the HTML, even if it is non-Office compliant?

Thanks again... I've really only worked with XML for about a week so forgive
my newness!

Justin Foster
IT Architecture
253-596-3260 office