Re: FOP formatting - page break????????

Hi, Saif

I think you need to ask the question, "why am I trying to put page breaks
into HTML?" This is not an HTML concept. If MSIE supports this idea I guess
I would question MSIE.

FOP is not tied to PDF. The core processor is renderer-independent. We are
currently capable of rendering output to PDF, HTML, XML, Java AWT, and Java
Printing.

Your stylesheets are going to incorporate the page-break info. I think that
an HTML back-end should ignore those specifics.

Just out of curiosity, how would you expect an HTML browser to render page
breaks?

Respectfully, Arved Sandstrom

At 04:34 PM 7/11/00 -0700, Khaja, Saif wrote:
>I need to format my HTML output so that I have page breaks.
>Should I go for FOP????? or is there any other way...
>Is FOP output a pure pdf file or is it HTML???
>
>I tried this for page break,
><STYLE>
>	DIV.page { page-break-before: always }
></STYLE>
>but this works only with IE and not with NN.
>
>-Saif

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"