RE: external parameters like DOS Command

Saxon allows you to pass parameters on the command line.

ex:
java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet data\books.xml styles\books.xsl
top-author=Danzig >output.html

Joshua Allen
Microsoft E-Business West Region
"No challenge can withstand the assault of sustained thinking" - Voltaire