multiple stylesheets in one

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate cocoon for a project I need to do for a client.

What I want to test - I'm a nembie - is combining multiple stylesheets into
one document. I have seen some references to this in the nulberrytech lists
but nothing specifically seems to answer my question.

What I want to do is.

have an xml file

<?xml...>
<people>
<person age="50" name="larry"/>
<person age="50" name="larry"/>
</people>

that uses a stylesheet that includes this data plus three other
(essentially) static
html files.

ie :-

header.xsl
data.xsl - using the above xml file
footer.xsl

I want the header.xsl to contain html that defines the menuing system for
the page ie. something like

whereas the footer will have the usual copyright stuff. ie.

I have seen reference to the include/import and call-template routines but I
don't really
understand how you use these. Will I have to put the contents of the header
and footer
into a xsl variable and use that or can I just incorporate the file
directly?

Any clues would be fantastic.

Thanks for your time.

-matt