Repost: ampersand in data

Actually, I am trying to do this with XSLT and not have to touch the XML
doc.

The XML is a result of data retrieval from an Oracle database with
entries that contain '&' in them.
Rather than process an ereg replace on all of the database results, I
would like to catch it with XSLT.

Is this possible or is the only way to do this by replacing '&' with
& or { ?

-John "avoiding extraneous code" Gethoefer