From: Evan Lenz [mailto:elenz@xyzfind.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 6:35 PM
To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: node-set() function in MSXML?

Steve, thanks for your answer.  I may end up resorting to doing what you
describe, but it's non-standard.  So that's exactly what I meant by "in a
standard way."  While the XSLT spec does not support accessing RTFs as
node-sets, it DOES describe a standard way to interface with extension
functions.  If MSXML complied with the standard, I would be able to write a
stylesheet that uses fallbacks to invoke the appropriate node-set() function
based on which processor was being used.  But since MSXML is not compliant,
I can't write a stylesheet that will work for it and for a compliant
processor.  At least that's my understanding at this point.