RE: SAXON : function extensibility problem

> Now from the saxon documentation I can read : "If there are
> several methods in the class that match the localname, the first one with
the
> correct number of arguments is used. There is no attempt to match the type
of the
> arguments."

You're right, and if I had known at the time that different Java VMs could
return the methods in different orders I wouldn't have done it like this. I
shall now leave it as it is until we get an official standard for external
Java function binding. It's no secret that this is on the W3C agenda.

Mike Kay