Update: Merging XML

Good morning,

I've put a new version of my XSLT merge transformation sheet on my
XSLT page [1].

The former version merged two nodes only if they appeared at the same
position (i.e. the algorithm was: compare the first nodes of both
node sets - if different, copy both nodes and merge the rest).
Additional nodes in one of the two XML documents didn't lead to the
expected merged document.

This has been corrected. The example given by Rosh will now be merged
(hopefully) correctly. I must admit that I haven't tested it with lots
of use cases ... bug reports, hints and suggestions welcome!

For more information about the new algorithm take a look at the change log.

Cheers,
Oliver

[1] http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/XSLT/#merge

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |