RE: outputting spaces in html table cells

Hi,

I solved it with the following toplevel XSL elements:

version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:preserve-space elements="*"/>

The preseve-space statement seems to be the essential part. Netscape still
does not print the background colour properly, but at least it stopps
shifting the next column. This solution works with Saxon.

Regards,
Barbara
---
Barbara Sellmer-Bruels
Klopotek & Partner GmbH - Berlin
E-Commerce

ladioss@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi,
    <xsl:for-each select="listing/item">
     <xsl:sort select="title"/>
    </xsl:for-each>

There is some code before this that generates a table.  This is all fine and

dandy except

that if the value of "blah" is blank, and I was outputing this to html, then

netscape would

not handle blank <td/> fields in an elegant manner because it would shift
the next column

over one to replace the blank column.  Normally, I would insert an '&nbsp'
between each <td>

tag so that netscape would render a space and not ignore the cell, but as
you know, '&' is

reserved in xml.