RE: Mozilla M18 and XSLT?

> I was looking at the Mozilla M18 release at
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/release-notes/
>
> For the win32 release, does anyone know what the 'ZipFile with MathML, SVG
> and XSLT' is? Mozilla with XSLT support?

I wish it were. It comes without an installer and unpacks it itself into a
M18-bin directory. MathML seems to work, I looked at the Amaya example pages
at W3C. When trying to open an SVG file directly Mozilla complained because
he didn't understand the MIME type and suggested to use my installed Adobe
plugin. SVG does also not appear in the Preferences>Advanced>Desktop
Integration settings, where you can select the file types that should be
opened as default by Mozilla.

As for XSLT, I couldn't get it to work. When using a SI that points to a
stylesheet to be fetched via HTTP, Mozilla crashed (I did this twice). When
using a local stylesheet Mozilla just failed to render anything, but didn't
crash. So there is some mechanism triggered, but it didn't work for me.
(I used stylesheets that work well with the current MSXML version under
IE5.0)

Maybe someone else more familiar with the current Mozilla snapshots could
give us some more details.

Frank
<Frank.Wegmann at softwareag.com>