Antwort: RE: The document() function....again !!

>  I don't think there's anything in XSLT
> that is more "contra-human" than any other language,

I wrote about syntax.  The semantic is quite well.

> For information, XSLT is the first time in my career I've been
> exposed to functional programming, except as a theoretical concept.

Could you explain what do you mean under the theoretical concept?

From my point of view the logical model of XSLT must be described before
language constructs. However authors prefer begin with examples.

Regards!

Vit

PS: The best is to teach first language simultaneously with the second. In this
case there are no "contra-programmer" problems in the future.