Re: Which engine? (RE: JavaScript and XSL)

> > > Going back to your original question - "which processor should I use in a
> > > production environment?"... if you are most interested in conforming to the
> > > spec, then MSXML3 and SAXON are the only two products which currently
> > > conform.
> >
> > Excuse me.  On what exactly do you base this assertion?  4XSLT
> > (http://fourthought.com/4Suite) also conforms, and I understand that Xalan 1.0
> > does as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were others that do.
>
> After I realized that SAXON ( which is very good
> engine) makes hidden RTF->node-set typecast
> ( the thing MS were blamed for ),  I feel not
> comfortable when somebody says
> 'conformant XSLT engine'  in public place.

"conforming" to a spec that does not have an official conformance test suite
basically means "We have not come across any non-conformance in our testing,
or had any reported that are not scheduled for priority fixing".

I think this is fair statement, and that you needn't take it as meaning more.

> I think all vendors who are claming 100% conformance
> to the XSLT paper really meant : "we *think*  we are
> 100% conformant - we have not bother to make sure".

You'll have to point out the "vendors" claiming "100% conformance" more
accurately, because I have not seen that claim on this list.