Re: Sep MSXML: Carriage Return, #XD, Does Not Work

Jonathan_Wheelhouse@amp.com.au wrote:
> Using the  MSXML July release, this code,
 suffixed by ;) within a text
> element within an attribute element

Text, attributes and elements are separate concepts. Are you actually
referring to attribute values, or the text content of elements? White
space is handled differently therein. Show an example of your XML or XSLT
code.

> used to output a carriage return in the html; that's what we wanted.
>
> Now (using the September MSXML release) it doesn't - just outputs something like
> #xA. The same XSL & XML files work with instant Saxon.

The explanation is probably in here:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#strip
	http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#AVNormalize
	http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#creating-attributes [NOTE at end]

It depends on what exactly you are doing. Provide a code sample.

This brings up an interesting oversight in the XSLT spec; the NOTE
referenced above should not be limited to newlines; it should also apply
to CRs and tabs, as well.

   - Mike