search word from an input tag

Hi,
	I have an XML file with phrases from a book within <S></S> tags.
 I want to have an XSL file that generates an html document that will have
an input field within a form. Once a user enters a search word in the
input field, the XSL file will add to the html file all the phrases
within the <S></S> tags in which the search word is found.
	All this is partially working, I can hardcode the search word in
my XSL file and it will generate the appropriate html file, but I want to
be able to get the search word from an html file (from the input field),
to determine the html file to be generated.  In other words, I want
to have my XSL script behave like a CGI document which is given an
input from another file.  Could someone help me with this?
	I'm thinking that one alternative is to have an html file with the
input field write the inputed search word in another document, which will
then be read by the XSL script.

Thanks

Session