Re: Following-sibling axis - original tree or current result-set?

> Thanks!  That works but I hate the idea of having the criteria for selecting
> "small" ( contains(@name, 'small') ) in multiple places - since if I decided
> to now get "big" instead of small, I have to change every occurence.
> Instead I'd rather get the proper set and then work within that without
> duplicating the set requirements...

Well you could use a parameter
<xsl:param name="x" select="'small'"/>
and use $x instead of 'small' everywhere.

But to do what you ask, collect up the required nodes and then apply
templates to those, you can't do that in one pass in XSLT 1.0.

Most XSLT engines will give you a node-set extension that allows it
or XSLT 1.1 (when it comes) will allow it (according to the XSLT 1.1
requirements document)

The guidelines for this list do warn against quoting entire messages.

David