RE: AW: Encoded question

> > > 1) What do I have to do to render ™ as ™ (not as "~Y")?
> >
> > I don't think that these characters are allowed characters.

This is an allowed character in XML (and therefore XSLT) even though it has
no defined meaning in Unicode.

You can output the character by writing ™ in your stylesheet.

You can influence how the character is output by selecting the output
encoding, e.g.
xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"; however, you can't force the processor to
use a decimal character reference rather than some equivalent
representation.

I suspect that the ~Y appeared because the processor produced correct UTF-8
output and you looked at it with something that doesn't understand UTF-8.

Mike Kay