Re: Node set comnparison

Nick,

> ... and it does. If I add a new value element to set2 with content of
> 'abc' should this change the result ? I don't think so as 'abc' should
> convert to NaN which will cause any boolean test to fail though my tests
> seem to show otherwise.

The tests test whether there are *any* nodes in one set that have a
value greater than *any* node in the other set.  Adding the value
'abc' to either set should not make a difference, and doesn't seem to
in Saxon 5.4.1 or MSXML3(Release).  What processor are you using
that's giving the problem?

If you adding <value>4</value> to set1, on the other hand, then both
$set1 > $set2 and $set2 > $set1 would be true.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison