RE: Implementing recursion (Was Re: Char node-type)

> If I recall, scheme (and XSL's parent, DSSSL) mandate that
> implementations perform tail recursion elimination. XSLT of course
> hardly mandates anything about implementaions at all.

It seems unwise to me to mandate anything that isn't verifiable. Mandating
that the processor can handle a recursion depth of 1000 is one thing,
mandating how it should achieve this is another. Even then, specifying
limits is a difficult area because it depends both on the XSLT processor and
on the platform it runs on.

Mike Kay