String size in a schema

Hi

I'm writing an XSLT stylesheet to create a SQL script from a schema. I
have read the XMLschema part 0 specifications but I still have a
question. I would like to be able to declare attribute or element typed
as a string but with specifying the maximum length... I would like
something like:
<xsl:attribute name="products" type="xsd:string" maxlength="30"/>
It seems that facets could help me. I had a look at the documentation on
them but there is no implementation example.. Does anyone know how to
use them?
Thankes a lot for help
David
--