Changed properties in FOP 0.15.0

> I have found that there has been a significant change in
> the properties FOP allows (for example, it doesn't allow
> KEEP-TOGETHER or compound properties as ".minimum").

> Is there a way to check what are the properties we can change
> in our old xsl, and how?

Probably the best way is to become familiar with the new properties files.
For attributes on elements in the fo: (XSL-FO) namespace, take a look at
src/codegen/foproperties.xml.

As an example, let's assume that you're interested in 'space-before'. This
is typed as

  <property>
    <name>space-before</name>
    <use-generic>GenericSpace</use-generic>
  </property>

Looking up GenericSpace, we find that it is declared as

  <property type="generic">
    <name>generic-space</name>
    <class-name>GenericSpace</class-name>
    <inherited>false</inherited>
    <datatype>Space</datatype>
    <default>0pt</default>
    <compound>
      <subproperty>
        <name>minimum</name>
        <datatype>Length</datatype>
      </subproperty>
      <subproperty>
        <name>optimum</name>
        <datatype>Length</datatype>
      </subproperty>
      <subproperty>
        <name>maximum</name>
        <datatype>Length</datatype>
      </subproperty>
      <subproperty>
        <name>precedence</name>
        <datatype>Number</datatype>
      </subproperty>
      <subproperty>
        <name>conditionality</name>
        <datatype>String</datatype>  <!-- NCName or Enum ??? -->
      </subproperty>
    </compound>
  </property>

and you'll see that .minimum is OK.

Caution: just because properties _specification_ support is vastly improved
(thanks to Karen Lease) does not necessarily mean that support for the
specific property itself is quite as good. In general, though, we don't add
properties into the properties files until there is some support for them.

Arved Sandstrom

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"