Inline (embedded) XSL within XML document

I am searching for a working example of an XML document containing an XSL
stylesheet within the document. Note that I do not want to reference the
stylesheet as an external file, the stylesheet must be embedded within the
XML document. I have several references that lead me to believe that this is
possible, but have yet to see a valid example.