RE: Carrying Namespaces through a XSL to XSL Transformation

Maybe this is a stupid question -- but why would you need to do anything
specific to "carry over" the namespace declarations? I see why you need
xsl:namespace-alias for the actual XSLT code generated (done that myself a
lot of times), but for the rest? AFAIK, XSLT will keep all namespaces
declared in your source document unless you use exclude-result-prefixes to
avoid that...