RE: SAXON systemid() usage. PLEASE HELP - my web app is broken!

> Now, I was using saxon:systemid and the above scheme quite
> sucsessfully with
> in my environment, but as is the way of these things,
> SOMETHING has broken
>
> <xsl:value-of select="saxon:systemId()"
> xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon"/>
> I get the string
> [unidentified data stream]
>
> Which is quite puzzling.

It means the systemId is unknown, which usually means that the input you
passed to Saxon was a SAX InputSource using a Reader or InputStream, or a
DOM. In such cases you can always supply a System ID "by hand".

(This problem seems to be a real "flavour of the month", perhaps lots of
people are starting to write real applications rather than just playing with
Saxon from the command line?)

Mike Kay