Re: Preserving character references?

At 09:29 AM 1/12/01 +0000, David wrote:
>your processor may allow some control (external to XSL) over the way the
>XML output method linearises these characters, but you'd only be able
>to control whether characters were (always) output in hex or decimal,
>or via a general internal entity in some DTD, the information about how
>that character was entered in the source file just isn't there.

That'd be a nice feature, to "re-reference" entities on output. Does anyone
know any processors that support this?

I'd particularly like to get named entities back, e.g. my "é" and
" " etc. Currently I do the pre-/post-processing thing, but I'd be
happy if the output handler could relieve me of the chore. In my case,
ensuring consistency of the referencing in the output would be a happy
side-effect.

Cheers,
Wendell