RE: context-independent counter

Linda,

> looking at your code I think
> you want a series of rectangles, the first with
> x=10, the second with x=20,
> etc.

yep

[...] In that case: you don't need a counter. The
> XSLT processor already
> counts the nodes in a node set.

I know. But what if the elements that I process are
scattered all over the doc? Or if I need to start with
an element that is the fourth? Then I need a
context-independent-counter, that doesn't care about
the position, the level, or any other aspect of the
current node's context.

Tobi