Re: XInclude in Cocoon

At 00:43 2001 02 07 +0000, Peter Flynn wrote:
>On Wed, 07 Feb 2001, Paul wrote:
>> Some XML parser has to parse all the entities-to-be-included,
>> and it sounds like your application should use a validating
>> parser to do that.  That way, each bit would be validated
>> against its own DTD before inclusion.
>
>Yep. All the files are validated because they're created in a
>validating editor :-) But that doesn't stop some authors
>and [human] editors deciding to correct an error spotted
>at a late stage by "quickly" opening the file in a plaintext
>editor and "fixing" the problem -- invalidly.

Sounds like you've got a solution that works for you, and
perhaps what I'm about to clarify is already clear, but just
in case it isn't for someone:

My point above wasn't about "pre-validating" some file that
may get tweeked later on.  My point is that the only way
something can get included is by first turning it into an
infoset, and that process requires parsing, potentially by
a validating parser.  The XInclude-aware processor must, of
necessity, include an XML parser, and what I'm saying is that
you might prefer that that parser be a validating one, because
that way you would catch any erroneously tweeked entities right
at the point of attempted inclusion.

paul