Creating a cdata section using xsl

I am using a stylesheet to take one xml document (source xml) and
convert it to another xml document (result xml).  A section of the
result xml is written out as cdata, however, it has data that needs to
be parsed and inserted from the source xml before it is written out.

For example, given the source document:

<person>
    <name>John Doe</name>
</person>

I want a rusulting document that looks like:

<doc>
   <display>
        <[!CDATA[
        ]]>
   <display>
</doc>

I have found no way to do this.  I either get:

<doc>
   <display>
        <[!CDATA[
        ]]>